Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I need to stretch...so I am

Let us first start off with a weight loss update:

  • April 28 - 229.2
  • April 22 - 230.4
  • January 2 (start date) - 256
I'm in the 220's!  At this point it is incredibly unrealistic to lose my next zero in time for Memorial Day, but I am perfectly fine with that.  The goal is to get healthy, and part of being healthy is developing sustainable life skills.  One pound per week is plenty fast of a weight loss, and if I keep that pace through the end of the year I will be a svelte 194.2 by New Years.  I may need to have my tuxedo taken in.

Speaking of taking stuff in, I just got back a set of slacks I had to send to the dry cleaner to have 2" taken out of the waist.  I also had to buy two new belts (one brown, one black) last night.  These are the little wins that feel real good.

As I previously mentioned, I started yoga few weeks back.  This is a Tuesday night event put on at work (one advantage of working at a hospital is there are wellness opportunities all over the place), and I think the best way I can put it is that I am adequately contorted.  I was pleasantly surprised by the muscle workout (my upper body is exhausted), and as expected flexibility is an issue.  While yoga is not yet enjoyable (and it won't be until I learn these poses), I do like the fact that it will help me stay not-injured by improving my flexibility.

I want to finish this up with a quick shout out: my best friend back home in Ohio just finished his first 5K in just 23 minutes and 19 seconds.  He has also managed to lose 40.2 pounds and 12% (1,200 basis points for those business people) in body fat.  Congrats, Jake!  You are an inspiration!

No comments: