Saturday, May 26, 2012

Memorial Day Dining

If you would have asked me a month ago, I would have laughed at you if you had suggested I would be this low going into Memorial Day:

  • May 26 - 222.2
  • May 20 - 224.8
  • January 2 (start date) - 256
Looking back at these last few weeks, the only thing I can think of that is helping this weight melt away is ensuring that I lift weights at least once/week.  I also had a small win yesterday: I put on a pair of Banana Republic slacks with a size 36" waist and wore them to work.  This is the first time these slacks have been worn in at least three years, and I may have worn them five times in my life.

I am contributing to a fair amount of Monday's BBQ, and I refuse to settle on either health or taste.  To accomplish this I am preparing sweet potato fries (so freakin' good) and sliders, specifically:
  • Ground chicken with Frank's Red Hot Sauce and blue cheese
  • Ground turkey with sauteed apples and onions
  • Ground beef with Worcestershire sauce and pepper
Each slider will be two ounces (and measured); this way everyone can have one of each and only total six ounces of meat (yes, this is technically more than the four ounces one should have, but compare this to the two brats, once steak, and hamburger smothered in ketchup and mayonaise one typically has).  I'm even going to pick up some small rolls on which to eat them.  Yum!

God bless our troops, past and present, and have a safe Memorial Day.

1 comment:

jakehildreth said...

I've come to the realization that the best workout plan is as follows:

Lift heavy things.
Eat high quality food.

How can I expand this into a 300 page book and make some money?