Sunday, April 8, 2012

Flatlining to a lesson

So this week I decided it was a good idea for not to write down everything I ate.  Here is what happened:

  • April 8 - 234.2
  • April 1 - 234.2
  • January 2 (start date) - 256
The good news is that I didn't put on any weight.  The bad news is that it will be really tough to hit 220 by Memorial day now (I will have to average slightly better than 2 lbs./week).

To be clear, I am in no way discouraged by this week's result; I am someone who is programmed to work harder the tougher things get.  It is, however, an important reminder that I have to treat my food fundamentally different that I had been historically: in order for me to lose/maintain weight over the long term, I need to write it down.

As a sign of good news, I missed hitting my mile in less than an hour by five seconds.  I'm so close I can smell it (for the record, it smells like a weird combination of sweat and chlorine)!

No comments: