Thursday, May 8, 2008

Back to the Elliptical

After two weeks worth of rain outs, we finally played softball again on Tuesday. The team got mercy ruled during both games (the second of which we were down 13-12 only to have 9 runs put up on us in the bottom of an inning), and I went 1/5 with an RBI. I also got two "good hustles." Nicole and I spent time at the batting cage this weekend, and it certainly paid off, for I did not look like a total fool at the plate. Mercifully, I only played the first game at catcher.

Tuesday night's festivities did require me to adjust my workout the next day. I only did five minutes on the treadmill to warm up before stretching, and I think I am starting to develop shin splints on top of increasing knee pains. So that I do not totally knock myself out of commission, I am going to stick with the elliptical for the next week.

Finally, my belly button is starting to point forward instead of down. I do not think that my girth has gotten any smaller around that area, for I carry more of my gut above my belly button instead of at it. It is a significant body shape victory, however.

No comments: