Monday, June 16, 2008

Plateaued...

Alright folks, it's time for me to plateau. I know that I haven't been writing on here as regularly, and, unfortunately, that has also been the case in my workouts. Over the last two weeks, I have worked out four times (compared to five times per week before), and I also ate a steak the size of my head. Here are the numbers:


June 16June 9Nov 2007
Weight219219267
Blood Pressure127/80Sunburn160/115
Heart Rate77Hurts103*
*Taken from March 10 reading


As a side note, Nicole and I went camping the weekend of June 6-8, and I walked around with a muscle shirt on all day on Saturday. I was quite sunburnt; very lobster-like.

Now back to the plateau thing. Over the past five weeks I have netted only one pound of weight loss. I blame no one but myself for it. I just need to make sure that I am getting in my time exercising while staying away from the cookie tray at work. It was certainly a lot easier to do this when I wasn't working.

I also went to the doctor on Saturday, and my blood pressure cuff might not be so accurate. Although a marked improvement from my November numbers, he measured me three times right around 148/90. I have an appointment in four weeks, and I am to bring my cuff so that he can double check it. I so don't want to be on blood pressure medication; this is yet another motivator to keep active and eat right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is time for a photo update! You talk about your progress, show the public! :) I am proud of you. I wish I had the motivation you did! I love you with all my heart and CANNOT wait until October!

Nicole